ANS Music Distribution Reporting Schedule
When will you receive your Statement?
We issue Statements on the 25th of the month, every month.
How long does it take the DSPs to report after the music is streamed and or downloaded?
It varies. Most DSPs have a lag of 60 to 90 Days between when streams are played/sold and when they are reported and paid out to ANS Music.
- Apple, YouTube: 2 months (you would be paid in March for January)
- Amazon: varies between 2-3 months
- All other DSPs: 3 months (and in some cases, the smaller DSPs can take much longer as they can run into reporting issues)
Here is an example to indicate the time from stream or download to payout.
Imagine that a stream/download happens in September. All DSPs report (at minimum) per month. There is no difference whether your music was streamed or downloaded at the start, middle or end of the month. Many DSPs will then issue reports around mid-late October, but we won’t actually receive payment for this report until mid-late November. Since we currently start our royalty run around the 22nd of the month, if we haven’t received payment by that date, then we will not include that DSP in that run. So it is fairly typical that you will receive your statement and payment in our December 25 royalty run for most DSPs. Apple & YouTube are exceptions and tend to be only 2 months post facto.
When will you receive your payment?
We trigger your payment within 24-48 hours after generating your statement.
Important steps in the process one must understand:
- Most DSPs will send us the revenue report for September streams/downloads some time around mid-October.
- The bigger DSPs (Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Deezer and Amazon) shouldn’t experience any delays, but all other DSPs are susceptible to delays.
- Note that some DSPs report only quarterly, and many DSPs can be delayed in their reporting or payment.
- There are times when the DSPs discovers missed transactions months or years later. The DSP will then issue an adjustment report (and payment) for these transactions.
- When ANS Music receives historical reports and funds we will also include those in your statement and you will see this reflected in the Transaction Date column of the detailed transactions part of your statement.
- After we receive the DSP’s revenue report in mid-October, we still need to receive their payment before we can generate your statement.
- As a result of the above, your month X statement will include streams/downloads from many different prior months. This information is displayed on your statement’s detailed (raw data) page along with the relevant DSP.
- Your statement’s detail page will allow you to see exactly what DSPs were included in the report by looking at the summary tab. If you look at the ‘sales raw data’ tab you can filter on column B and C to see the reporting month and the DSPs transactions that are included in the statement.
- We can only include in your statement what has been paid out in the month previous to when we send out your ANS Music Statement.
- Our general payout policy: ANS Music will payout funds within 30 day of receipt of funds from DSPs or Merlin. For example, funds received up to October 31 are reported in ANS Music’s November statement.